All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent — Thomas Jefferson
1. Corporate and personal greed are poor reasons for political decisions.
2. In too many instances the findings of “modern science” are synonymous with the current political agenda.
3. Humans are generalists by nature and should strive to become competent in multiple spheres. Leave specialization to the insects.
4. Small independent farms and businesses should be the backbone of our nation and the mainstay of local economies.
5. We cannot afford to continue the global economy as it is currently constituted, i.e. dependent on fossil fuels; stripping the earth of its resources; polluting the air and water; and allowing humans (especially children) to be exploited in one country to provide luxuries for another country.
6. In passion – about freedom of choice whether it be what you eat or how you die.
7. Learning should be a lifelong love affair; expanding your knowledge keeps your brain and soul alive to possibilities.
8. Open mindedness and exposure to ideas that challenge the norm are good things. Remember when most of today’s technology and lifestyle would have been considered impossible? Change is the only constant and in today’s world, adaptability is a necessary skill.
9. Each of us should take responsibility – for every aspect of our lives. You and you alone make the final choice regardless of external circumstances. “The buck stops here” starts in the mirror.
10. In respect, integrity, and honesty. They do not happen because you are born, they have to be learned and earned. You want the respect of others? Give them a reason.